Monday, March 17, 2008

Small Vent, Weekend Update

Happy St. Patrick's Day! I hope everyone is wearing green today. I am wearing a green shirt and so is William. Caroline had to wear her uniform to school but she wore a large green bow in her hair. I am not sure if Jason is wearing green because I was asleep when he left. I doubt it though.

Here is my small vent: I know it is not my mother's fault that she is sick but it sure as hell is crappy timing. I wish I had more helpful family members and 2 parents and in-laws like normal people do. Kiki was supposed to have the kids stay with her while I have the baby but she has been sick since Friday and today is Monday and she still sounds awful and is running fever. So now I have to drive myself to the hospital on Thursday morning. How depressing is that? I mean, I guess it is not that big of deal because it is not like I will be in active labor but still. I have to be there at 6:45 am. Jason is going to have to drop the kids off at my brother's house and then come meet me at the hospital. It will all be fine. Then I guess he will not be able to spend the night with me but since I am not having a c-section that shouldn't matter either. Poor Kiki is not going to get to meet her granddaughter for a while because I don't want her germs around my newborn. However, $100 says Kiki makes a recovery in time to go to the country club Easter Egg Hunt on Saturday. That is my vent. I am a tough chick, I can handle it.
We had a very good weekend. I can't remember what we did on Friday night but Saturday we went and had breakfast and saw the Easter Bunny and then saw Horton Hears A Who. It was cute. I was a little sad to miss all the parade festivities but I could not handle a parade at 39 weeks pregnant. Saturday afternoon, Jason took the kids to play golf and eat dinner and I watched a lot of TV. Very nice and relaxing. On Sunday afternoon, Jason took William to see Sesame Street Live and Caroline and I went to the mall and bought some shoes. Then I fulfilled her lifelong dream and let her get a makeover from Club Libby Lu. She was ecstatic. We met up with the boys for an early dinner of Mexican food and then came home and hung out. Very nice.

2 comments:

Nat D said...

That leprechaun is scary! You can always call me if your new plans fall through- I'm here for ya, Khaki!

Elizabeth H. said...

You are justified, and I bet that she makes it to the BRCC egg hunt.