Monday, March 3, 2008

Rainy Days and Mondays always get me down

I freaking hate Mondays. Grrr. They should be taken off the calendar.
Today I have to do one of my most hated things: clean the house. I HATE to clean the house. It is not even 9:30 am and I am, of course, already sweaty and surly. At least my throat infection is gone and I feel somewhat human again.
This week should be quite pleasant though. Not a whole lot to do, just getting my hair cut tomorrow and Friday I am supposed to eat lunch with E and K, my friends from high school. I also have a dr's appointment on Friday.
Speaking of the doctor, I went on Friday and I am now dilated 2 cm. Dr. K told me that if I have not birthed this child in the next 2 weeks, he will induce me at 39 weeks. So I am thinking maybe March 20? Aunt Liz devoutly hopes the baby will be born this Friday, which is her birthday. Jason seems to think the baby is going to come on Wednesday. He says he has a gut feeling. We will see if he is correct. In the meantime, I am trying to get organized in case she DOES come out of the blue. I did eat a lot of jalapenos at my nephew's christening party yesterday in hopes to induce labor. It did not work, obviously. I was a little scared that my water would break while up at the Baptismal font yesterday at church, but thankfully that did not happen either. Actually, next week is a very busy week for me so perhaps waiting until March 20th is a good idea after all.
We had a good weekend, overall, even though Jason slept a lot. He is still having a lot of sinus headache issues. On Friday night, we had a delightful dinner at the new Chimes and then came home. Caroline and I snuggled on the couch and watched Freaky Friday on TV, the remake with Lindsay Lohan and Jamie Lee Curtis. It really is pretty good although the original with Jodie Foster is my fave. Friday during the day was actually very fun because Liz and I ate Gumbo with Caroline at school. This made Caroline feel very important. I hope we are able to do it again before the Lenten season ends. I figure that between the 2 of us, Aunt Liz and I have 5 children so we will have many, many opportunities for Friday gumbo in years to come.
On Saturday, Caroline got her hair cut by a new and exciting stylist. You see, our old stylist Miss Rebecca, disappeared in to thin air (actually, Maryliz saw her at the nail salon recently and she is selling gym memberships now) so we had to try someone new. I am now going to Catharine D., who I must say is fan-freaking-tastic, but I needed someone new for C. We went to a new woman who lacked a personality but made up for it with her hairstyling skills because C's hair looks super cute! Then we went home and I had a mild breakdown because J was STILL ASLEEP. He got up and helped me get the kids ready to go eat our usual Saturday afternoon lunch with Kiki and Gigi and then later he took them (C and W, not Kiki and Gigi) to throw a frisbee, so he redeemed himself. Sunday was my nephew's Baptism and it was a lovely day. The children all hunted Easter eggs at the after party and this thrilled them to no end. Then we came home and did normal Sunday afternoon things, like laundry and math homework. Dazzling.
Well, I must stop procrastinating now and get to the housework. Yuck. Vomit.

6 comments:

Nat D said...

Aw, Khaks. I'll help you next time you have to clean. I like cleaning other peoples messes. Probably I'm just nosy. I am going to go ahead and amend the story in my head so that J. took Kiki and Gigi to throw a frisbee, because that sounds a lot more fun.

Archibald said...

Can you recommend a hairstylist for my friend Luigi?

Elizabeth H. said...

I too am going to put t in my head that J. took Kiki and Gigi to throw the Frisbee. I am glad that you found a good stylist for Miss C. Good hair is very important.

Clinton Gene Healey said...

i hate laundry and cleaning my house..really hate it..

Annie said...

Who is Caroline's new stylist? Are you still having hot flashes? I do not like to clean, so I can't help you there, but I am praying for a safe, happy, and harmonious labor and delivery for baby Em. Oh-and one more thing I thought of: the movie Sherrybaby with Maggie Gyllenhall was so disturbing and mortifying that I went into labor the very next morning. Just keep it in mind.

j-ro said...

i'm pretty sure you should be the one getting to lay around and take naps- tell Jason there is no daddy illnesses this close to baby's arrival!