Thursday, April 3, 2008

A Busy Day

Today was my first day back behind the wheel after the birth of Baby Emily. We both had to go to the doctor today, which I think we mentioned before.
My 2 week check up with Dr. K was rather uneventful and I will see him again at my 6 week check up. I am going to have to have my damn hernia repaired again and that is going to suck. It is not so much having the surgery that is going to be a pain in the ass, it is going to be arranging childcare, not being able to lift things afterwards, etc. But such is life.
Emily's check up with Dr. Traci was more eventful. She pooped twice and spit up all over the examining table. She really spits up a lot and I hope to God this does not mean she is going to have reflux. It does not seem to bother her at all though. She also has a horrible rash that honestly just popped up today and I got lots of samples of cream to put on it. Her bellybutton stump looks awful but Dr. T assured me it is not infected. The good news is her jaundice is gone and she is back up to her birth weight, which was not the case last week and why we had to come back this week. She has been sleeping horribly and I am exhausted. I think she has been sleeping too much during the day. She was awake a lot more today and I am hoping and praying she sleeps well tonight.
We are looking forward to the N twins first birthday party this weekend and of course, the Beef's sake, sushi and karaoke party on Saturday night. I wonder what I should sing? I doubt they will have the classic song "Nobody" on the list. The Exhilirated Sausages did a wonderful cover of that song in the late 80's.
I think that is all I have to report. Must go help C with her homework now.

4 comments:

Nat D said...

The Exhilarated Sausages were such a grand band! Who is the Beef? Am confounded!

Elizabeth H. said...

I forgot about Nobody. Wasn't that recorded at Astroworld?

Anonymous said...

And you say nobody's after you...but I can love you like nobody can...even bettah...

"Edwin Edwards Eyes" is alos a good choice for karaoke. But it is probably not widely available.

I'm trying to stay calm, but the word verification below is "fds wrwom"...which, I'm sorry. If you don't read "FDS Woman" into that, you're not right.

Annie said...

Your rendition of Dionne Warwick was pretty stellar I have to say.