Thursday, April 10, 2008

Wow! 3 weeks already

Three weeks ago today, I was in a delivery room, probably watching E! and drifting in and out of sleep. I can't believe it has already been 3 weeks. Actually, yes I can.
This week has been very long and hard. On Saturday night, Jason and I actually made it out on the town and to 2 parties! The first was for the N. twins very first birthday. Those N. twins are some cute little devils, I must say. I am so glad they are here and growing up, considering that when I first met them they were in NICU. I wish I saw them more often but hopefully that will change. After we wished them a Happy Birthday, we headed over to the Beef's 35th birthday Karaoke shindig and I must say, that was a lot of fun! Jason sang "Mamas Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up to be Cowboys" and I did a duet with ML to "What a Girl Wants." We also got to see some friends that we don't get to see very often, which was really nice. But then the cell phone rang and it was Kiki reporting that C was running a temp. of 101.5! She said don't rush home, but then I spoke to C, who sounded very pitiful that I decided we should leave. But not before butchering a Dionne Warwick song and finishing my beer.
Caroline continued to run fever on Sunday so she stayed home on Monday and went to visit Dr. Traci. Turns out she has/had a sinus and ear infection and very red throat. She was home for 3 days this week! Let me just say that Baby E is becoming more alert during the daytime hours and 3 kids at home = not a lot of fun, especially if 2 of them are bored and fight all the time. I can't count how many times we have watched Alvin and the Chipmunks and Enchanted this week. Or how many times C and W have been sent to their rooms. Thankfully, today C is back in action and at school. They had a field trip to the zoo today and I am glad she did not have to miss that. And I am proud to report that today was my first day to drive C to school and we made it there on time!!! But SS called and offered to bring her home, which I am totally taking her up on!
In other news, I am tired. And a bit cranky. My house is a colossal mess and I am too ADD to clean it. I really need to go to Target but am wary of bringing both E and W. Perhaps I will go tomorrow when W is at school. Perhaps not. I'll let you know how it goes.

4 comments:

Archibald said...

Whew. Even I am exhausted from reading that post. Target with the two kids is probably a bad idea, KPEC.

Nat D said...

Khaki, I can go to Target for you, and will totally come over and clean on Saturday if you want me to. Yeaaaaaaa!

j-ro said...

ok- barring any unforseen tragedies, NEXT week you will be getting some yummy food- either brisket or pork chops with rice and gravy!

Clinton Gene Healey said...

I never take Madison anywhere by myself if I can help it...people in public places...like grocery stores etc always say things like "wow he's a handful" or "is he always like that?" and I smile and ignore them and wish them a painful death.