Monday, January 21, 2008

Heart Attack on a Plate

Today I cleaned out my closet. I am not 100% finished, but pretty close. My children were getting antsy so we all got dressed and decided to go to lunch and then see the Veggie Tales movie.
For some reason, I have been wanting to eat at Bennigan's lately. I think this is for 2 reasons: #1 being that several years ago when I worked at EMC Mortgage in Irving, TX, my co-workers and I ate at Bennigan's a lot because it was really close to our office. I really liked the Turkey O' Toole sandwich and I ate lots of them when I was pregnant wih Caroline. I have not eaten there since we left Texas and I have been wanting a Turkey O'Toole lately. #2 We had a Bennigan's almost right across the street from our apartment complex in Ft. Worth and again, when I was pregnant with Caroline, we got take out from there a lot.
So today I decided it was time to go to Bennigan's again. I went in with the plan to get a Turkey O' Toole. But some kind of power took over me while looking at the menu and I decided on a whim to get the Monte Cristo sandwich. My friend Wendy used to talk about them a lot and I suddenly decided that I needed to try one! OH.MY.GOD. It was so freaking gross. I did eat part of it because I was starving but I could practically feel my arteries clogging as I ate it. What the hell? It is like a ham and turkey and cheese sandwich wrapped in a beignet. Ugh. I literally felt nasty for consuming even part of it. And Bennigan's was really gross and we will never return there ever again. However, our waiter Logan was really sweet and Caroline and William did get shamrock cookies.
The Veggie Tales movie was pretty cute. William fell asleep for part of it and Caroline was excited to see a little girl from her school and her family came and sat next to us. Then when we got home, a package from Gap had arrived with some baby clothes that I ordered for Emily. Which was a nice surprise because I did not expect a package on MLK Day! The little onesies are tiny and pink and oh-so-cute. I can't wait until my baby girl gets here!

5 comments:

Nat D said...

Me neither! and your sandwich sounds like it was REALLY GROSS!

Clinton Gene Healey said...

Are you naming the baby Emily?

Katherine C. said...

Yes, Clinton Gene. Emily Katherine.

j-ro said...

you forgot to mention the fact that you dip it in rasberry jelly- like it couldn't get any grosser....

Elizabeth H. said...

Pretty gross, I must say.