Sunday, January 6, 2008

Week in Review




























I started this blog a week ago with the plans to update every day... well that has not happened. So I guess I will just recap the week. Last Sunday was William's 3rd birthday at Little Gym and it was a success... the Barney cake that he randomly picked out was delish!
Monday was New Year's Eve... and the Creech family got up early to go to Woman's Hospital for the birth of my new nephew, Marshall. I am not even going to comment on the name. Anyway... what is most important is that Marshall arrived safely and I got to see a boy that I made out with at age 15 because his son was also born Monday morning and was in the nursery right next to my nephew. NYE was otherwise uneventful and Jason made a King Ranch Casserole and it was gross. New Year's Day was hectic and we de-Christmased our house, took down the tree and everything. Later, we had to drive to NOLA and drop Jason off at the airport so he could fly back to Alabama. William immediately burst into tears, but was pacified by the Hannah Montana CD that Caroline received for Christmas.
Wednesday was a LOOONG day because I had to do a 3 hour glucose test (which I failed) and had a doctor's appointment in the afternoon. But it was nice because while I was testing, I got to visit my sister-in-law and baby Marshall in the hospital. I only failed my glucose test by 2 points (which I blame on that darn Barney cake) but now I have to prick my finger several times a day and record my blood sugar. I also discussed tube tying with Dr. K (my OB) because after baby #3 comes in March, I am shutting down the reproductive chapter of my life. And no, I do not think we are going to want more kids in 5 years.
The rest of the week is kind of a blur... I spent $145 on children's shoes, saw the Alvin and the Chipmunks movie and went to the grocery store. I also purchased The Kite Runner, which I plan to start reading very soon. Maybe today. Christmas break is almost over... the kids return to school on Tuesday. I have a mountain of laundry to do, which adds to the surly factor. I also need to clean my bedroom! Today is my other nephew's birthday and we are supposed to go have cake at my brother's house... but no cake for me, I suppose! I guess I will have sugar free pudding. But really, I am over cake right now because the Barney cake made me kind of sick of it.

2 comments:

Nat D said...

Oh, the kite runner is SO good! I have his other book if you want to read it when you finish. And if you've been to see Alvin and the Chipmunks, it is high time you and I went to see Juno. I'll be back on Tuesday and ready to see it whenever Kiki is ready to let us.

I'm excited you are blawging!

Elizabeth H. said...

Go see Juno, it is fantastic!!!!!